Friday, November 13, 2009

O' Christmas tree


Good morning stampers,
Today I have a fun project that I made for my up line's holiday meeting this weekend. I made a few of these last year and they were a big hit! They are so easy to make and come out just darling!
You will need a cone shaped Styrofoam and some sewing pins with the balls on the end. cut your DSP paper into 1" x 4" strips. Fold over your strip to make a loop. Start layering the paper from the bottom up by pushing a pin into the top overlapping slightly each piece. Once I got to the top I used a scallop circle to cover the top and added the ribbon and star. The star is punched using both the large and small star punch. Its hard to see in this picture but the big star is so saffron and the little star is layered on top in summer sun. I used champagne shimmer paint to make it sparkly and then used glue dots to adhere it to a toothpick.
Paper is Christmas cocoa DSP

No comments:

Post a Comment