Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birdhouses

Goodmorning stampers,
O.k. so I have been dreaming about making birdhouses lately. Last night I woke up with this brilliant idea....use the box #2 die for the main part of the house!!!! I had to keep telling myself to remember that in the morning (I probably should have gotten up and wrote it down, but who wants to get out of a nice warm bed at 2am)
Anyway the birdhouse on the left was my original idea from my dream. Then my brillian daughter said "hey, we should make a christmas one with snow all over it"...so the birdhouse on the right was the result of that!




Well, since they came out so stinking cute, my daughters decided they needed to make one too! The birdhouses on the left are theirs, pretty good for 10 year olds!!
I used the box #2 die for the big shot
then for the roof I used my scallop punch
The branches were the left over piece that the fancy favor box makes at the top...I just cut them alittle more to look like branches.
The DSP is Tall Tales and Christmas Cocoa
the birds are from the birds and blooms sizzlit and the Merry Details sizzlit. The bird on my daughters house on the right is from a stamp set from Darcies line.

















No comments:

Post a Comment