Sunday, March 28, 2010

Awash with Flowers

Goodmorning stampers,

Todays card was fro the stamping 411 color challenge. the challenge was to use old olive, basic black, rose red, and regal rose. I just love this color combination! It makes me feel very springy and the black just makes the colors pop!


We made a card similar to this last weekend at my sideline meeting. Thank you to Tricia Hicks who showed us this wonderful masking/brayering technique. Sometimes I get so caught up in the "new" wows that I forget about the old standbys.

The face of the card was done by stamping the line images in black on white CS. Then stamping the same images onto a post it note (make sure you are stamping where it is sticky) cover the images with the cut out post its and then brayer the whole face of the card. Remove the post its and use the 2nd step of the two step stamp set to fill in the color that you want. I chose to leave some blank because I thought it looked neat with some white too!
I also added some dazzling diamonds because you just gotta have some bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment